Save with your Credit Union
Savings as shares in a Credit Union are a better way to save. You are not just another customer but an active member of a highly successful financial co-operative. Yes, you have a share in the ownership of the Credit Union. Along with having a say in the operation of the Credit Union you also earn dividends.
Regular saving is a good idea. Regular saving with your credit union is an even better idea.
Benefits of saving with your Credit Union
- Member must request in writing that their account be changed to a Special Share account.
- Dividend paid to member net of DIRT.
- Return made by Credit Union does not include individual members details.
- Member can hold both a regular or special share account but not both
- Credit union members can rest easy in the assurance that their savings are safe. Credit Unions in Ireland, which are affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions, are secured in several ways:
- All officials of credit unions, whether volunteers or staff, must be fidelity bonded.
- Members savings within certain limits are insured through Life Savings Insurance.
- All monies received in the credit union are properly recorded and lodged regularly.
- Full financial statements are prepared and can be examined by members.
- Annual independently audited returns are lodged with the relevant authority, The Irish Financial Regulatory Authority.
Not a Member? No problem.
Our Credit Union lets people in the community come together to save and borrow money at low rates, and is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being returned to members.